2. Obama will make a great president, but he's not ready yet. He's young (46) and he needs more experience.
3. Together they can beat McCain.
-Obama would have a very tough time beating McCain because all McCain needs to do is make the election about national security and many, many people will see that Obama is not ready to take on the tough challenges: he can go on and on about his record on Iraq, but what's important now is who is capable of implementing an exit strategy. Obama isn't.
-I used to think Hillary could beat McCain, but her fellow Democrats have savaged her so badly in the primary that she may be too damaged to do it without Obama (or it may turn out as it did with her husband, who took the hard hits in the primary and they didn't have the same impact in the real election).
4. Some people object that the Democratic ticket should not contain two liberal senators, but don't forget that Hillary has much more experience than your average senator and McCain is a lefty Republican (despite his current pretense of being otherwise to attract the Bush base).
5. Having them on the same ticket will unite the party.
6. Having such a popular and capable VP as Obama could help ensure 16 years of Democratic government.
7. Punching through two glass ceilings at once: way to go!