1. Support the government by voting in favor of the economic update and all its components (abolishing public financing for political parties, asserting that there would be no fiscal stimulus for the economy, suspension of civil service strikes, cessation of negotiation over pay equity).
2. Bring down the government, triggering another election (barely seven weeks after the last election, which would have been political suicide).
3. Exert pressure on the government with the credible threat of a coalition.
Keep in mind:
* The coalition has never been more than a threat.
* It was impossible to have a coalition threat without involving the Bloc.
* Harper has still not backed down on any of the economic update's components. He has carefully worded his comments to say things may be off the table for now, but made no commitment to keep them off the table.