Friday, December 01, 2006

And the Voting Begins!

I'm so excited. We have three fabulous candidates in Rae, Ignatieff, and Dion and it's a real horse race. Keith Davey says that leadership races should be all about the weaknesses of the candidates - expose them, answer to them, and "satisfy the faithful" about them. We've certainly exposed them, and I think all the candidates have emerged looking better than when they began. That's a pretty good measure of success for a leadership race.

Of course everyone knows that I'm hoping for a Bob Rae win, but at this moment I feel like I'm in the eye of the hurricane... there's a certain stillness as events unfold. I am greatly looking forward to Bob's speech tonight as he is always brilliant and inspirational. I predict another barn-burner. But I wish all the candidates the best. It doesn't get much better than this!

###

No comments: